After the kids found their eggs, D and I hid eggs for Greg and Christina. Some were pretty hard to find and poor Greg was all alone while J joined Christina's team.
We had a delicious Easter dinner of lamb, twice baked potatoes, fruit, homemade rolls, jello salad, veges, and angel food cake with cream and strawberries (one of my favorites) for dessert. I rarely cook on Sundays...I know I am weird, but when I cook it is no longer a day of rest for me and so D and I decided that we would keep our Sunday fare simple (I should note that chocolate chip cookies are not included in the no cooking). I enjoyed cooking, but I was TIRED at the end of the day. Food, coloring eggs, egg hunts and church are a lot for one girl to take in a day.
I attempted to not make a big deal about the Easter bunny. I think it is a stupid tradition and though I do Easter baskets, I want it to be from us and I want to spend the day talking about Christ. J wanted nothing to do with that though. He insisted that the Easter bunny came to his room and has a face like a clown. Like I said before, there is no point in arguing with the kid. He is always right anyway.
I need to mention that the kids ADORE their uncles. J cried when they left and P still talks about them.
Now, I am steadily working on getting rid of the Easter candy. It is a hard task, but someone has to do it.




5 comments:
who doesn't love a good egg hunt? and everytime i see greg, i am reminded of how much the 2 of you look alike, especially when you smile. it must be the walker in you both. ;)
Pictures look great. I was wondering what camera do you use? Ashlee is wanting to invest in a good SLR camera, but doesn't want to spend a ton. What is your best advice about what to get? I would also LOVE to invest in a good camera, but we will have to wait another 5 years:-). It's nice keeping up with your family. We definitely want to plan a backpacking trip with you sometime in the future. It might be years from now but hey, it will happen:-).
I'm going to have to ditto Anne's comment. You and your brother look a lot alike! You must be related or something!
I am totally with you on the whole Easter bunny thing. I wish it could be a holiday just about Christ. Oh well.
You got some amazing indoor shots! I love the pic of your brother and his girlfriend. So cute. I am glad you had fun with your family.
Looks like a fun hunt! The Easter grass left our house years ago and is NOT returning!! I hate that stuff-it gets EVERY WHERE!!
Post a Comment