I was trying to be the patient mother, but after five times out of his room, the door is locked. He is now crying at his door.
We threw away the binkies today. Actually Jackson did it. I talked with him about it all day. None the less, I think it may be a hard few nights. Isn't it amazing that a binkie can bring so much comfort?
I had a crazy weekend. Douglas was canyoneering so I was a single mother. Things more or less went smoothly. We had a little poop incident on Saturday--thank heavens with Paige and not J. I needed to go to Target so I got Paige fed, dressed and put her in her car seat. As I buckled her in I heard a little tooting. Oh great--of course she waits until I put her in the carseat for this. I figured, I will let her finish her business while I get the stroller in the car. As I walk away I notice a nice mustard colored stain right across my chest--POOP. Nasty. I take her out of her car seat which is also covered in poop. We go in and I lay her down to get her onsie off. The poop is all the way to her neck--no joke. There, interestingly enough, was very little poop in her actual diaper. By the time the onsie is off I figure a bath is the best way to clean up the mess. I get her bath all ready, Get her in and as she soaks I wash out my shirt and her onsie. I look over at her and realize that she has filled her tub up with poop. So, out she comes, I clean the bath out, refill it and put her in again. I go back to washing out the clothes. As I do I look out the back window and notice Jackson with his pants down peeing on the lawn. Then I look at Paige again and she has filled the bath with poop AGAIN. So, out she comes, bath is cleaned out, and finally Paige is bathed. Whew. I was exhausted after this escapade!
And speaking of J peeing in strange places...today when we left to go to the park he came waddling over with his pants down--a sure sign that he had peed somewhere other than the potty. I ask him where and he says, "in the garage." Sure enough, I look out the garage door and there is pee right in front of the freezer. What goes through a two year old mind?
Paige is back (knock on wood) to sleeping through the night. Thank heavens. It is so much fun to have a little girl.
Well, that about sums it up. all in all, life is good.
3 comments:
Oh Staci, I am sorry you had such a terrible Saturday!! I can definitely say I do not miss the seedy mustard blowouts. Yuck! Jackson is too cute. Someday you will look back and laugh. LOL!! :)
Hooray for Paige sleeping through the night again!!
I just couldn't help but laugh at your Poop Day. So much for going to Target. Kids always come up with something--or come out with something, in this case! Kelly has pooped a couple of times in the bath recently, and I would much rather clean up mustard poop than the real deal...
Oh my goodness! This is the MOST hysterical story ever!! Sounds like it was long day for you :(
Post a Comment