
Cute little P. She has been more herself yesterday and today which was so nice. She didn't even cry for the sitter this morning which is a shocker!!

This is so typical P. When she sets her mind to something or decides she doesn't like something there is no stopping her.

Happy and clean. Ohhh...I love my kiddos!

Love that gummy smile....

D is out of town and of course I am staying up way too late. I am a night owl at heart, but he has a way of curbing that thankfully. I let Jackson sleep with me yesterday and when I carried him to my bed and he realized where he was he was so ecstatic. Too bad someone called at 6:45am and woke him up for good! I tried to get him to sleep again, but he kept trying to play with my hair. He has always been my little hair boy. No blankie for him, just a handful of his hair. I am glad D will be back tomorrow. I miss him.
7 comments:
Well it's about time I come out and let you know I stalk your blog. I'm Robyn's sister by the way.. I just have to tell you, your kids are darling.. I love looking at all of your pictures of them. I must say, they are beautiful models :)
So, I have kind of a weird question for you. I have been struggling with getting my pictures to look that pristine clear that you achieve soo nicely. What am I doing wrong? I find I'm having it mostly with my 50mm f1.4. I realize with such a large aperture my depth of field is limited, but I find I'm having a hard time even getting both eyes focused and clear. Is this a problem with my settings all together, or do I just have an incredibly unsteady hand?? Like I said you just do such an amazing job with your clarity (even with a small depth of field), an I feel stumped!!
Sorry this got so long, and maybe doesn't make much sense.... I tend to ramble... Thanks for any help you can give!
What are you shooting at?? The 1.4 is awesome for depth of field and shooting in low light, BUT if you are up close and shooting at 1.4 you are almost always going to end up blurry because your depth of field is so shallow. I normally don't shoot that wide unless I am far away from the subject or an going for something really artsy. I usually shoot between 2.8 and 4.0 for one subject.
Also, on the canon there is a way to select the focal point. I typically select the middle spot as my focal point and aim it right on the eye and shoot fast...with babies you have to be super fast and have a quick shutter speed. With these pics yesterday I was missing all the shots and I finally realized it was because I was shooting at 1/100 or something like that and it was just way too slow to catch a moving child. I normally shoot at least at 1/200 with little kids because of this. Anyway, does that help? Try closing down a few stops and see if that helps with the clarity. Oh and your shutter speed should never be slower than 1/focal length...so if you are shooting with a 200mm don't go slower than 1/200th or with the 50mm I never go below 1/60th. Most say that below that you are just not steady enough to handhold the camera.
Feel free to ask if you have any questions...you can email me (R has my address since I don't want to post it on here). I will help with whatever I know. Truly, so much of it is trial and error. I can tell you this though, having a good lens will make all the difference. People never believe me, but it is the truth. I have NEVER put my kit lens back on since I got my 50mm (my first good lens).
check and see if you have a back button focus and can select your focal point. I know you have a nikon, but I assume they have similar functions. The D40 didn't, but I know the D80 is much nice. On my canon it is a custom function.
sigh...GORGEOUS. All of them. Paige's eyes are so bright--and of course you know how to capture that so well. I can't wait for my first lesson :0)
Thank you soo much for your pointers! They seemed to already have helped some... I just need some practice!
Thanks again :)
Wet babies in towels are the number one best thing in the whole world!
Ok..the sponge bob square pants story was so funny (poor little Jackson!!) I love bathing babies as well. There is nothing better than the sweet smell of a little clean baby!
Post a Comment