I really don't have much energy or desire to do some drawn out synopsis, so here goes the short list.
1. Went to the park a lot. I can sometimes get a nap out of J if I stay long enough and that makes it all worth it.
2. Started painting my soon to be new office--'hawthorne yellow' by Benjamin Moore. I stole the color out of the PB Catalog and already it is proving to be a winner. It is a nice buttery yellow thank heavens. I am always afraid that yellow will turn out to look like the sunshine.
3. Got the garden ready for planting and purchased some of the plants. We are kind of lazy gardeners and we will weed until it gets hot and then the weeds just overrun the garden, so this year we are laying weed tarp on the hole thing and only making holes to plant. My dad and D extended the garden last year so we will have a lot of planting room. Here are some of the crops of choice:tomatoes (all varieties and sizes), cucumbers, zucchini, cantaloupe, jalapenos, herbs of all varieties, red and yellow peppers, yellow squash, and maybe corn towards the end of the summer. We ended a long day of gardening with a bbq of chix and zucchini. The weather was perfect on Saturday and we sat outside and ate.
4. Bought fabric to make a window treatment for my soon to be new office.
5. Got my new camera. I am in {heart}.
6. Went to Weight Watchers. I have but 0.4 pounds left to reach my target weight. Hallelujah. I am feeling pretty hot-haha.
That is all my limited memory can remember. Dang, my life is exciting. Paige has been pretty fussy lately. I think she really wants to crawl and just can't figure it out. She just flops to her stomach and then cries until I sit her back up. It is getting pretty annoying. Good thing she is so cute. I think I tell Jackson a hundred times a day one of the following: "Leave her alone", "stop sticking that in her face.", "don't push her over", "enough", "she is happy, don't bug her", " stop pestering her", or some deviation of that. He is constantly tormenting P these days. He isn't mean about it, but he is always bugging her and making her cry. Ahhhh. Also, he has decided that he doesn't want to wear undies anymore. What? I have to ask him whether his undies are on many times a day, he will lie and tell me they are, and I will tell him he can play with his toys once he gets them on. Then he will finally run and find them and we will put them on. What is his deal. He cracks me up many times a day. The best is when he comes to me and says, "you're beeeeeautiful mama." Don't know where he picked that up, but it does wonders for my esteem.
I am late for my Jane Austen special. Until later.
4 comments:
Didn't love Persuasion tonight--on my tv it looked like the camera was way too close and it gave me a headache. I hope the word "idiot" isn't a new Jacksonism, thanks to Gabe. They really are two peas--Gabe hates underwear as well! You are much more diligent though. Usually I just pretend I don't notice that he's going commando.
you are looking hot, that 0.4 pounds will melt off in no time. :) i am excited to see your office and your beautiful buttery yellow.
What kind of camera did you just get? Not that we truly need as nice of cameras as you use, but Zach is super into cameras right now, and when he's into something, he only wants the best of the best!
I just bought a canon 5d although I loved the rebel I had before too. I am a total Canon girl and after using a few friends Nikons I think Canons are way more user friendly too. There is also another camera in between the rebel and 5d (30 or 40d). I love my cameras.
Post a Comment