Sunday, July 06, 2008

God Bless America

Well our Fourth was a busy, successful day. We went to the ward pancake breakfast/parade in the morning. I am on the activity committee so I got to help make the breakfast. The kids were great and had a really fun time.

They have a little parade so being the great mom that I am, I had the babysitter help Jackson decorate his bike. I actually would have loved to help him, but something had to give that day. He loved doing it.

But, his beautiful patriot bike was thrown to the side when he caught sight of the automatic car that some kid brought. They switched vehicles and were both as happy as clams. J drove that thing long after the parade ended and luckily only ran into one biker. We are hoping there is no law suit...haha.

We also went to a fun swim party that afternoon. J loves to swim around the pool and P can't get enough of the water.

We also had a family party and I was in charge of that meal. We had carne asada which D bbqed, with cheese, guac, sour cream, tortillas, you know, all the good stuff.

Saturday was my grandma's 92nd birthday and we celebrated with another great family meal that my aunt put together. I had a lot of cousins, and aunts and uncles here to celebrate and it is nice to catch up with everyone. J is always in heaven with so many friends to play with. He taught us many interesting things such as coming out of my tummy by me swallowing, being born in his dump truck t-shirt, and many other humerous little Jacksonisms. I love to ask him questions just to see what answers he comes up with. All the older kids were so good about letting him tag along and it is fun to see how "grown up" he becomes when he is with them.

Well, another week is going to begin. I sort of dread (okay really dread) Mondays. I feel like all the hard work from the past week is gone and I have to do it all over again, especially laundry. YUCK!! And, D leaves for work. I always get a little blue on sunday nights...

And a few pics to top things off.

J riding as fast as he can (see, I take blurry pics too!)

Photobucket His trade in. It took him no time to figure out how to drive it.
Photobucket
And holy cow, have you ever seen a cuter little girl?? After my last sad post about her I have to tell you that she has been better and she has become the BEST little snuggler. I LOVE IT!! If I ask her to snuggle with me she will bury her head in my shoulder. Is there anything cuter?
Photobucket
And thank you to Nana for the darling outfut. We got tons of compliments! And her hair is getting so curly....
Photobucket

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is the most adorable outfit Paige is wearing! I can see why it got so many compliments! Why is it holidays are always so hectic? We also had a ward breakfast/parade. We decorated the kids bikes when we arrived (20 minutes late) with red and blue crepe paper (bought late the night before at Walmart. I wanted to have some cute flags like on Jackson's bike, but you take what you can get midnight before a holiday!)

Rachel said...

yes, the cutest girl ever!!! Jared was in charge of the meat for our ward pancake breakfast, and he cooked it all before hand. Do you want to know what 32 lbs of bacon and sausage make your house smell like?

annebabe said...

i have to confess, i was slightly disappointed you didn't make dewey's famous buttermilk pancakes. you could have done some fancy math and figured out a way to make a zillion of them.

Rachel said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Someday I would love to really meet you! I love the pictures of Paige. She is seriously sooo cute!

farmgirl said...

The breakfast was actually pretty tastey...maybe since some of my kids have gotten older and I've learned to basically ignore the little ones I'm just eating the food before has been sitting there for 15 minutes+ which would improve any meal really...alright "deep thoughts by farmgirl" are over. The food was indeed good and the parade as intertaining as ever.

Marlan said...

You are letting Jackson get his hands on motorized vehicles already?!?! I wish I had been there to see the mayhem.

For me, that would have been the highlight of the pancake breakfast. And why are the pancakes always an inch thick at ward functions like this?