Saturday, January 31, 2009

Preparedness...

Many of you know of our minor obsession to be prepared. Well, my testimony of putting together a year supply has been strengthened.

On Wednesday night we were trying to go to sleep when we heard a LOUD crack. We got up to inspect where the noise had come from and found that our sideboard on our bed had cracked in two. (we won't discuss possible reasons this happened, we will just leave it at that and I will assure you that we have both taken up working out again.)

What to do? We are trying really hard to stick in our budget and with no money left to purchase a new bed frame we got creative.

We now have a bed frame consisting of two food storage boxes stacked up. I even have a food storage box stair to step into my bed. It is really nice.

And, interstingly enough, there is no longer a big lump in the middle of our (less than a year old) mattress.

We are blessed for our obedience.

4 comments:

Tara said...

Pretty sure I'm really glad you didn't share the details of the broken bed :)

I'm SO sorry I didn't call you back today. I meant to and every time I went to call I had yet another crying child. Audrey isn't feeling well and she has been somewhat of a monster today.

Anyway, it's too late to call, but I'll try you tomorrow.

p.s.-I can see that you are very blessed indeed. And ingenious. I wouldn't have thought of the food storage box stool.

Tara said...

Oh yeah, BTW the blog is looking beautimous!

staci said...

Love the new look of the blog. Oh so cute!

Such a funny story about your bed. I was actually thinking it may have been broken another way, but we won't go there. But good job on being creative and coming up with a way to fix it. I love that you have a food storage box stair too. Very clever! :) You never know when you might get the munchies at 2am and you could just reach right down and grab a snack!!

jen said...

Way to be creative! Who knew food storage had so many uses.