To tell the kids I had made giant white cupcakes the night before. When I got home from the ultrasound I filled the center with blue frosting and then topped with frosting. I sat the kids down and gave them each a cupcake. They started eating. Jackson got to the blue and was thrilled. Paige had seen his, but as she told me later, she was hoping hers was pink. I think she missed the point a bit :).
She finally made it to the blue, took one look, burst into tears and chucked her cupcake across the yard. Such a funny and dramatic girl.
I can actually relate though. I remember when my youngest brother Greg was born (my fourth brother). We were at the neighbor's house and when she told me I sat under her counter and just cried. I was so sad. I guess it all turned out okay in the end :).
I think the sibling split will be good. I think Jackson will be a great big brother and I have been talking to him a lot about setting a good example for his baby brother. Paige is enough girl for this family! I look forward to our mom and daughter time in the future with just the two of us!





2 comments:
I LOVE how you decided to tell the kids. So fun and creative!! Poor Paige. She will be such a great big sister though. I know for sure that J will be an awesome helper. I am so excited for you guys!!!
Cute way to tell them! I love the look on J's face when he is just starting to dig into the cupcake!! He is excited!! And ps-he is looking older & older by the minute!! What is that all about?? He seriously looks so much older in these pictures!
Post a Comment