I remember driving to Target the night I went into labor with Paige. I just felt off. Going into labor is such a strange thing. Your body goes on auto pilot and just starts doing all sorts of weird things. I had a feeling that it was going to be the night. I got home and my contractions were fairly regular, but not painful. Since my water broke with Jackson, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I called the hospital and talked to the nurse. She told me I could go to bed and see if they stopped or walk around and see if they got stronger. There was no way I was going to see if they would stop! I was ready to get my baby out of me! So, I called my mom, who was living at Gram's at the time, and we walked around the block for a good hour or two. Finally, around 11:30pm or so, I felt like the contractions were strong enough to head to the hospital.
Douglas and I headed over. When we got there they felt like I wasn't progressed far enough to admit me so they put me in a room to monitor me. Within half an hour they came in and said that I was progressing so quickly they wanted to admit me. We got to my room, and then the contractions really started...and never stopped. I never would get that 30 second break that I was supposed to between contractions. They brought the anesthesiologist in, I got my epidural and at 4:15am, Paige Christina came into the world. She had a loud cry and was nice and healthy. I felt so blessed to finally have the little girl I had dreamed about for so long. She has made her place in our family and we love her! Here are a few pictures from that wonderful day!











Just a few sidenotes...Dr. Lunt was my doctor. He is great, but as most know, it is really the nurses that make or break the experience and mine were fantastic!!
There was no hot water in the recovery room they put me in. It was miserable...no showering at all while there. I should have demanded a different room, but I didn't.
There was a couple and their whole extended family, it sounded like, that came into the room next to me around 6:30am and were so loud. I was fuming. Have a little consideration!! I had been up all night.
My epidural took forever to wear off. I couldn't feel my lower extremities for a long time. That was not a fun feeling.
I was blessed to have my mom there for this birth as well. She and Douglas are great "coaches".
Paige was born with lots of dark hair! I was so happy!
3 comments:
Paige has always been a beautiful girl! Time sure flies!
So fun to read about that and see pics! I had forgotten about all of her beautiful hair! Doesn't that make you so excited to do it all over again :)
Oh I loved reading this post & seeing those pictures!!! I LOVE brand spankin' new baby pictures! They are just so fresh & new and just YUMMY! Oh how fun it is to re-live those moments. Good job for getting it out on your blog. Now you can have those details to remember forever!!! Paige was a beautiful baby! Love the picture of little Jackson too!!! Oh he looks so little!!!!!
Post a Comment