Sunday, June 05, 2011

Paige's Birthday Party

We celebrated Paige's 4th birthday with a fairy birthday party. I had grandious plans, but of course, reality set in and it ended up being a lot more simple. It also ended up being nuclear hot. It was nice all week until yesterday. It was around 100* and humid. We went through 50 water bottles. I was so so glad Douglas was home for the weekend and was able to help. I am sure it isn't what he had in mind for his time home, but it was so great to have him!

I stole the fairy house idea from another friend. I love creative friends and blogs. When the kids got there, we read a book called "Fairy Houses" that talks about how to build fairy houses. Then the kids got a chance to make their own. I glued a peat pot with a little door cut into it to a plate. I had lots of supplies for them to use...rocks, sea shells, moss, twigs, jewels, glitter glue, flowers, leaves etc. They were cute. Now the kids get to leave them out and hope a fairy comes to visit.

Next we had a pinata because no party is complete without one. The kids each took a turn hitting it and the they each pulled a sting until it broke open. I had filled it with candy as well as bouncy balls, necklaces and rings. It hardly held anything so I had parents toss the rest of the candy out once it broke. It is so funny to see the kids going at the candy.

Last we brought out the Barbie cake. I was pretty happy with how it turned out. I made two cakes...3 round and one in a pyrex bowl. I cut a hole down the middle and stacked them. I watched an online tutorial a few times to get some pointers. In the end I let Jackson and Paige put the decorations on the cake. It was cute. We blew out candles and ate cake and ice cream.

It was a fun party, but it was even nicer when it was all over. Paige got a lot of fun gifts. She was as pleased as punch. Equally as great was Jackson's excitement. So glad I won't have to throw a party for a good long time!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

staci said...

Oh so cute!! What a super fun party! Good job!!! You are the best party planner!! Would you start a cute blog about planning & executing cute parties?? :)

jen said...

I have to agree with Staci. You should totally start a blog for planning and carrying out parties!

Unknown said...

It turned out cute! I'm glad you liked the fairy house idea. Where did you get the cute "Happy Birthday Banner?" Super Cute! And your barbie cake is so fun too!

That is exciting to hear your expecting. When are you due?

Thanks for the invite to your blog!