Saturday, June 17, 2006

California

So here I sit in CA, tired from nights of going to bed too late and getting up too early and being sick. I finally went to the Dr. I had a sinus infection (again--2 in a month) and J had that and bronchitis. I bought J the good antibiotic, but was to cheap to buy myself the good one. Last time I got the "fast working" antibiotic it set me back $50. Ouch. So, in my cheapness I thought i would rather try out the $10 variety first. I am feeling pretty much better and Jackson is back to himself, thank heavens. He even ate a good dinner last night.

We were busy today getting ready for Christian and Holly's reception tonight. I did all the flowers (with my mom and SIL) and we made some cakes and I did Holly's hair. It was a busy day. I didn't even take pictures of the flowers, but they were really cute. My mom and I talk about doing a wedding consult business when and if they move to St. George. Haha. I have always wanted to do that, but with what time. I would have to cut out some of my other little businesses like bracelets, or hair bows. Photography will stay and hair, of course will stay. Ah, I guess I just want to do too many things. If only I had more time in the day and a nanny. Oh, and a housecleaner and errand runner. Then, I would get a lot done on a day to day basis. Oh, and a personal organizer and bookkeeper. How much would all of those things set me back? Hmmmm.

The reception was delightful. I forgot a few times that I had a child until someone would point out that he was making a b-line for the parking lot or street. Kills me that the kid will run and run and never look back. He just ate off of my grandma's plate for dinner. I do usually feed him dinner, but hey, i am on vacation. He can be such a stinker when I feed him, so it is nice to have someone else step in and help out. I saw a lot of family at the reception which was really nice. And of course when I am with my siblings we can laugh and laugh.

D came last night and will leave tomorrow and so we stayed in the room with a double bed. Dang, we are spoiled with always having a king. And, lets be honest, Douglas isn't a small guy, nor am I a petite girl (although I sometimes wish I was). So, my 5'9 frame hangs off the bed and of course his did too and trying to be so thoughtful to the other person, we both ended up practically hanging off the bed to give the other one room. I bet there was a good two feet of no one in the middle. We were both so tired though that we slept the night away anyway. Me, without nitequil too. I have been sick so long that it has been the only way to get through the night.

Well, off to bed. Actually, I would write more, but the bano is calling. I haven't wasted half as much time on the computer since I don;t have my favorites list to surf through.

1 comment:

Sarita said...

Pobrecita.