Friday, June 30, 2006

It's finally done...

Okay, so I know this will sound stupid to most of you, but I wish I had a smaller house. We kind of fell into this one-in a way- and I am very grateful for it, but with no older kids to help me keep up on it, I sometimes get way overwhelmed with the cleaning and organizing that are necessary to keep it looking somewhat orderly. And, most of you know that organization is not my strong point, although I have been working hard with fly lady to get better in that department.

So, my family is all in town, all except for Greg who is on a mission in Spain. That means, 3 brothers, two wives, a niece and my parents. Fun, but crazy. I spent all week trying to get this place presentable. I finally organized Douglas' office (mostly my stuff) and cleaned out Jackson's old room, vacuumed, changed sheets, cleaned bathrooms, etc. etc. Now I am off to make a yummy treat and curl up with my book.

So, I really want to develop my photography more, but sometimes I don't know where to start. It is so hot outside (110*-yuck) and I don't want to go out there. I did some family pictures for a big family (extended and all) last weekend and it went okay, but it is definitely not my favorite thing to do. Sometimes I consider having another baby just so I have someone to photograph---and then I snap back to reality. We will see where I am able to take things. I have thought about doing this creative mentoring program. We'll see.

Off to make my treat. Toodles.

No comments: