Wednesday, December 20, 2006

16 weeks

I went in for my 16 week appt. today. All is well. The baby's heartbeat was 158 beats per minute--very close to what Jackson's was (could it be a boy?). The most depressing new though--I have already gained 8 pounds. Seriously, with Jackson I don't think I had gained anything really at this point (well maybe a pound or two). The Dr. said that 2/3 of the weight gain should be the last trimester, so I figure that if I gain 30# like I did with JAckson then in the next 10 weeks I can gain two pounds. Doable right? Yeah right. The kicker--I have worked out this pregnancy and eaten no different. How depressing. I don't mind the weight gain during pregnancy, the problem is that I know I have to lose it once the baby comes and that is the depressing part.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I had that same experience this last time with Jane--except I had put on 10 POUNDS by week 12 (I was on dex- a steriod--so I blame it). I was really worried I was going to gain a ton more than my other pregnancies, but despite the big initial gain, I put on about 27 lbs, just like the other pregnancies. I think women are hard-wired to put on around the same amount of weight each pregancy; I'm betting you end up very close to your Jackson weight. BTW- I'm bringing you some treats today/tomorrow, just so we can test that theory.

stace said...

thanks. that makes me feel better. and, whenever i get weight gain news like that, I can never decide whether to be good and start only eating whole grains and veges, or binge on a bunch of junk food. the junk food usually wins.

CDW said...

I know, I mean, I have put on 20 lbs and I'm not even pregnant...I'm just fat.

Sarita said...

Staci,

You always look great.

love

Sarah