Well, really the only reason I am so active on blogger tonight is because D is out of town. Camping, actually. He invited us to go and we politely declined. Go figure. I am okay with camping, but I prefer it not to be ice cold outside and not to be pregnant. Oh, and the whole toddler in a tent thing doesn't appeal. Actually he is up at my grandparents cabin with no running water since it is closed for the winter. Which brings up the other issue of peeing when it is freezing outside and inside. So not fun. So here I am, alone, except for the dog and a sleeping baby. I kind of enjoy being alone sometimes until I have to go to bed and it is about then that I start to get freaked out. I am kind of a pansy about staying home alone. I have gotten a lot done today/tonight though. I finished going through all the Schick's pictures while managing to consume 2 watermelon blow pops, half a twix, some Reisen, and a bowl of Chex. I am a serious boredom eater and when I edit photos that is how a spend much of my time while I wait for the computer to open, convert and save. I swear there must be faster computers out there.
So, Pandora Radio also helped me pass the time. What a great invention that is. Tonight the stations of choice were JAck Johnson and Air Supply. Really, who doesn't like to listen to Air Supply and related artists every now and again. It is total feel good music. And the sad part, I can sing along to most of the songs--thank you retail job experience. I had planned on getting more done, but I think after I am finished with this blog I will a) go brush my teeth--they seriously need it after all the junk I ate and b) soak in a warm tub and read before putting on Pride and Prejudice to fall asleep to. Last time I put a movie on to sleep to I chose Lord of the Rings thinking that would put me right to sleep. Six hours later it occurred to me that it was a little to interesting to be considered a sleep movie. I have to watch something I have seen a million times.
Today was a happy day, you know, one of those days where your Karma is just right and you can take things with a grain of salt and you actually enjoy your child and all that goes with that. Today I thought, yeah, it will be kind of fun to have another one (let me tell you that thought is not a common one in my head these days.) Don't get me wrong, of course I will love the baby, but I am also aware of how crazy my life is going to become and I already feel like it is crazy now. Jackson was a crack up tonight. He was happy, most likely because I had to strip him down to his diaper after he poured a water bottle on himself at the mall. I was over at my grandma's and thought I should throw his clothes in the dryer. I think he felt like a free little bird because he ate a good dinner (miracle) and played, giggled, performed. We (my mom, dad and grandma) sure got a kick out of him. We played tickle and gonna get you and just had a fun time together. It was really rewarding. The reason I go into so much detail about this is because I feel like I gripe more that I share the joys of being a mother. This was one of those days where the joys were evident.
I finally put my Christmas lights up outside as well. And I pulled some weeds. And folded all my whites. Pat on my own back, thank you very much.
Well, off to relax. Tomorrow I have to wrap and mail some gifts if they are to reach their destinations by Christmas. I think I will stick around a little which is needed since I had total cabin fever all week and left way to much.
I read an awesome talk today while I edited photos too. It was from October Conference by Elder Wirthlin entitled, "Sunday will come." I don't know why specifically, but it really touched me. I feel so blessed to have the knowledge that families can be together forever. Could you imagine how much better the world would be if they understood this concept?? As I read it made me feel a greater appreciation and love for D too and that is such a great feeling. So, read it if you get a chance.
Off to relax.
4 comments:
Did you know Air Supply is coming to concert at Tuachan (sp?) in April or May? I'm seriously tempted to go---it would be a total sing-a-long.
I also wondered if you couldn't log in to blogger on mine because I am using the beta version; I guess all of blogger will eventually convert over, but that may explain it. That maybe why my 'blog it' on picassa doesn't consistently work either.
okay, so seriously, let's go.
Those just happene to be 2 of my favorite Pandora radio stations.
Rock.
Yay for happy days! (and the end of finals!)
Post a Comment