Thursday, December 21, 2006

the greatest feeling...

okay, at least one of them is having a clean house and not having cleaned it yourself. True, they say a lot of satisfaction comes from hard work, but I don't know, I am feeling pretty satisfied right now.

So, I am toying with the idea of letting the gender of this baby be a "surprise". In other words, waiting until he/she pops out to find out if it is a Jane or a John. I haven't run this by Douglas and I am sure he will veto the idea, but we all know if I really decide that I want to do that, he will eventually give it. I have to do some thinking about that one.

Jackson has taken up using the term "coldilocks" and it is so cute. I think I said it to him once and it stuck. Now any time he gets cold he will burrow into me and say, "cowdiocks, cowdiocks". It is so cute. I love how he says things and his lack of pronunciation. I have to keep myself from repeating it back to him that way. He loves the "pissmas" tree and "santahoho". He also loves to play with my olive wood baby Jesus and will carry it all around the house, cover it with a blanket, take a nap with it. He is a total crackup. Gotta love toddlers (most of the time.)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

The suspense will kill me if you wait to find out whether this baby is a boy or girl. How can I pick out your baby gift or plan for our girls' first trip to the American Girl Place??? If it is a boy, well . . I guess the American Girl Place is out. Bummer.

Love the toddler speak. I miss it. Madelin used "Santa Closet" for "Santa Claus" for two Christmases when she was younger. "Claus" was not in her vocabulary, but "closet" was, so thus came the new name for St. Nick.