So I am on a quest to establish some Christmas traditions and I was wondering what you all do for Christmas Eve dinner. Let me know so I can have some ideas!
we like to splurge and get shrimp and cocktail sauce for the adults, and have hors' de vors like Jared's cheeseball/hamball and crackers or spinach dip. Then we don't actually have to eat dinner. We've started doing "interviews" with the kids in front of the christmas tree. We video tape them talking about their year. For Jackson's age it is pretty much getting them to show off all their current "tricks" on camera.
I like to do cornish hens for my little family on Christmas eve and you know that we eat and do all the rest of the evenings festivities in candle light.
Well, two years ago, we sat around Jess' coffee table and ate steak that a neighbor brought Ryan for shoveling his walk all winter. But they only had one steak knife so we all shared. Talk about Christmas spirit.
6 comments:
we like to splurge and get shrimp and cocktail sauce for the adults, and have hors' de vors like Jared's cheeseball/hamball and crackers or spinach dip. Then we don't actually have to eat dinner. We've started doing "interviews" with the kids in front of the christmas tree. We video tape them talking about their year. For Jackson's age it is pretty much getting them to show off all their current "tricks" on camera.
I like to do cornish hens for my little family on Christmas eve and you know that we eat and do all the rest of the evenings festivities in candle light.
We always act out the nativity scene (well when we are with my family - my husbands family doesn't have any traditions - it's quite sad actually!)
We normally have a pretty simple dinner and save the big dinner for Christmas.
Well, two years ago, we sat around Jess' coffee table and ate steak that a neighbor brought Ryan for shoveling his walk all winter. But they only had one steak knife so we all shared. Talk about Christmas spirit.
Stace - I'm due May 23rd. What's your due date?
June 9
Post a Comment