Monday, December 04, 2006

Just an Update

You know what one of the greatest inventions of all time is?? COSTCO. I love that place. Some days I just need Costco therapy and although I know there will be a little guilt with the amount of money I will doubtless spend, such satisfaction is derived from wandering the aisles and adding little treasures to my cart. Today was one such day. I set out to buy dog food and diapers and came home with "Cars", some kids books (which they have been a little low on lately), delicious clemintines, and many other delights which I won't list for your sake. Needless to say, I feel so happy, a sort of Costco shopping euphoria. Hey, and I can feed the child lunch while I am there.

I am finally back from my short Thanksgiving trip that turned into a moving extravaganza. My whole family went out to celebrate and I ended up staying to help my parents finish packing up and moving. Dang, it was sad for me and I can't imagine how my mom is feeling. Change stinks. It was crazy though and for a while there I never thought we would finish. It is nice to be home now and I am slowly getting unpacked. Why is it that I can pack in an hour, yet it takes days to unpack?

I went and got my flu shot today. I tell you this only to tell you the dumb question the nurse asked when I told her I was pregnant..."are you excited?" How do you answer a question like that. I mean, seriously, excited isn't necessarily the word I would choose, yet what would it sound like to say no. I am not not excited. I am sure she was just being friendly, but it is like asking newly returned missionaries, "how was it?" as if he/she can sum it up in a word or two. I guess they can always answer, "horrible" and the questions will probobly stop there.

Well, the Christmas tree is up. I haven't gone beyond that, but hopefully by the end of the week I can get some lights up in the ghetto yard and finish decorating inside. I think I will do it after it is cleaned on Thursday.

On to that, my new found love, Eldonna, the housecleaner. I finally broke down after the dust bunnies were joining us at the table. It is heaven. For at least a few hours my house is clean and even better than that, it forces me to declutter. I don't know how long I will keep her coming. I guess it all depends on how my businesses go. I am trying to be fugal with the money I earn, but it can be really tough.

Well, I think I will run to the bank while the child sleeps.

3 comments:

Sarita said...

Good to hear that you are alive Staci! And congrats on the housecleaner. I am a single girl in an apartment and yet, I still think some good help would greatly simplify my life.

Rachel said...

tell us more about your business ventures!! I am intrigued.

Lindsi Michelle said...

It's true, Costco is the single greatest invention known to man..... I want a housekeeper!!