Thursday, June 19, 2008

Jumpin maniacs

So they opened this new place in town called "jumpin jacks". It is basically an warehouse full of bounce houses. I told J Wednesday night that we would go when he woke up the next day. Probably shouldn't have told him because he was at D's bedside at 6:45am informing him that we were going to Jumpin Jacks.

It was an absolute hit. J and P LOVED it. P would cry whenever I would take her out and put her back in her stroller. When I let her get on one she would get on her knees and bounce. She is going to be just like J I think--thrill seeker. We had a great time bouncing until a group of 15 teenage boys from some behavioral service showed up. My friend and I looked at each other and we were out of there. What were the people thinking...D worked in a group like this so I know better. Just seemed kind of short sighted.

Anyway, life in the Shaw house is HOT. I remember every year that I don't like Southern Utah summers. On a good note, however, our apricots are ripe and I will be jamming tomorrow. We also have tons of tomatoes, peppers, herbs, and a lonely jalapeno. I love growing my own food. I made zucchini lasagna tonight and I think I will make some zucchini bread tomorrow. I made a goal not to let my food go to waste.

So I am reading the book "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" which is a very interesting book about Chinese customs and what not. Kind of disturbing I must say. Just makes me feel so grateful to live in this culture and to be able to clomp around on my size nine feet. Wow...my personality + oppressive culture would have = disaster.

We had our first photography workshop last weekend and it was a great success. I think everyone left feeling like they could use their camera in manual and understood what everything meant. I really loved teaching it. We have more planned for the future so check our blog and check mine in the next few days and I will post some of the pictures from the class.

I am slowly getting on top of the house again. I sort of let it go when I was dealing with the class. The downstairs is more or less clean...counters disinfected, floors cleaned and mopped, laundry almost done, ironing--well I am not that on top of things.

Well, that is about it. P still refuses to walk. She will stand for five minutes and then sit down and crawl. I want her to walk because she is trashing her clothes...I know dumb reason, but come on. She has the custest little gap tooth smile. She is still a total momma's girl which can be extremely tiresome. Afternoons are the worst. I have to put her in the backpack so I can cook dinner. Good thing she is so cute. She loves her bobba, thumb, snugglie and having her toofers brushed. She is dang cute if I do say so myself.

J now dresses himself. Cute little guy wakes up, puts undies and clothes on and then comes to find us. He has put together some sweet outfits. At least he is putting undies on too...that is new this week. He continues to make us laugh and laugh. He is stubborn as can be. I have NO idea where he gets that from. He loves friends and socializing.

Well, in a moment of insanity I scheduled a dr. appt tomorrow at 8:30am. I guess I should go to bed.

1 comment:

andrea said...

where is this bounce place? and do you want to go again next week? :0)

I am so, so sad I missed your workshop. Seriously.