

may seriously be the end of me. I love her and I love having a little girl, but she is such a challenge for me.
Unless I am holding her in the afternoon she cries. She has been crying through nap time. I can't handle any more crying!! And it is just me because when D watches her she is a gem...until she sees me or hears my voice and then she starts crying.
Am I going to survive??
You know, sometimes I read blogs where people have what seems like perfect lives. Their kids obey, pick up after themselves, never pester one another, and basically seem perfect. This isn't my life. I find motherhood to be such a challenge. I love it. It is what I want to be doing, but sometimes I just feel like maybe I am doing something wrong. It is dang hard to be a mom. Please tell me I am not alone.
and please tell me this stage with P will pass.
17 comments:
Sally has the same issue. I think it is based on the interaction of mommy and daughter. Kids are manipulators from birth. Once the kid realizes that crying drives her momma nuts, and if she cries she gets held... well, you are in for a lot of holding your child unless you can help her unlearn to get what she wants that way.
Just my 2 cents.
Every time I see another picture of Paige I think this is my favorite, but this one IS my favorite! Her eyes are so mesmerizing, the earrings, the two little toofers, the bright red dress. I think the problem must be all you because she looks like a little angel!!
All of my kids have been through this phase to some degree. Susanna was the worst. I referred to myself as the cry magnet. Just as you've described, any time I was in sight or heard, the wailing began. If it gives you any hope, it was just a phase with all of my kids. It can't last forever, right? Maybe some ear plugs would help?
i think that if this post had a soundtrack, it should be "you are not alone" by michael jackson. very appropriate. because my friend, motherhood challenges me every second of the day. and yet, i'm willing entering the race a third time? i'm obviously a glutton for punishment! i think your dad is right on the money, kids are born manipulators. bottom line. how great for us? if its any consolation, i'm glad we have each other to keep the blog world real, because i'm with you. boo to all those moms who live in perfect world.
You are alone. This parent crap is a piece of cake.
The thing about blogs is that you can portray yourself and your kids however you want. I think some people chose to focus on what's easy and good while other people flat out lie. I don't trust people who never complain about being a mom. Parenting isn't easy for anyone. It's HARD. Things that are easy are never that interesting anyway...:0)
That picture is stunning. I love the blue eyes and the red dress. gorgeous.
This too will pass, and be replaced by an equally painful next stage :)
it's 1:20 am and the reason i am up this is late is because of my darling 1 year old. she has a cold, as well as cutting 2 new teeth.. yeah, it's precious.
but besides our ever so easy to love girlys... you HAVE to tell me what filters you used on those photos.. I HEART the way they turned out. Paige is beautiful. what are you doing to her eyes as well??? it's stunning.
let me know :)
Amen, sista. Grant's whinning and pushing me away from the counter was driving me crazy,(not to mention the fighting nagging older kids)but apparently farm life agrees with him. He is as happy as a clam, all my kids are. So, I'm thinking all I need is a few hundred cows, three dogs, a couple of four wheelers, an old barn to make a club house in, a bunch of tractors, and a few miles of land and I should never have needy kids again...you can bring P and J to visit:)
BTW amazing pictures! She is beautiful.
She is so pretty! Sometimes I tell my husband that if our kids weren't so cute I don't think I could make it through the days. Motherhood is HARD! It's what I've wanted to do since I was a tiny girl, and my mom seemed to do it all perfectly, clean house, good kids, gets her visiting teaching done etc, etc, and so a lot of times I feel like I'm failing. I really liked Elder Ballard's talk in Conference. It made me feel like I'm doing alright after all. I just need to remember to keep my priorities in mind, and right now it's my kids. If I let other things slide a little for these years it's okay. Someday, I'm going to have lots of time in a clean, quiet house, to pursue my own things.
Nan was absolutely the same way - except she cried for everyone. We couldn't go anywhere because she'd scream in her carseat until she was gagging for air. I could never be more than an arms reach from her - ever! She cried and cried everywhere, all of the time. I got so depressed and finally started seeing a counselor (partly due to the fact that I also needed an hour to talk to an adult without hearing any screaming). She recommended rocking Savannah every time she cried and she also said to tell her how much I loved her and was glad to have her in our family. I was supposed to rock her until she calmed down. We rocked for days and days. She slowly grew out of her crying and Paige will grow out of it too. It won't last forever! You're a great mom!
thanks for all the words of comfort. It is nice to know there is not something wrong with me or my child. I am just not used to being liked sooooo much.
Brooke...didn't do anything fancy on this one. I think it must have been the direction she was facing. I just used my color pop and a slight sharpening. HTH.
Hang in there! It gets better! Jaycie used to be my biggest trial when she was that age! I thought that maybe we hadn't bonded enough when she was a baby........or a million other things that I would come up with! Then Kylie went through that stage, and I couldn't figure out what was going on! Skyler I have to say was a delight and I don't remember ever struggling with him, I think he was my reward for making it through the first two! You know my stories of how I struggle now! But the flip side is that my girls who once drove me crazy, and continue to every now and then are truly my best friends now! I love them and can't imagine what life would be like without them! I can only think it'll get better too.........once they move out! LOL! Just kidding!
She's gorgeous! Great pictures!
these turned out amazing! I love them...good luck with the neediness!
I have no words of wisdom for you; just my own set of challenging girl children. But go ahead and share with me anytime. I feel ya.
Hi Staci, It's kristen Harris(from the photo class) Thanks for such a great class. I learned a lot. These pictures of your daughter are great!
Perfect kids, perfect life---no way.
Post a Comment