Friday, September 28, 2007

I have some serious issues.

Let me preface this with...Jackson loved standing by me while I found this clip. He was even dancing along. Go figure. None the less...I put my foot down when it comes to this show.





A friend gave me some Teletubbie books. They are by far the S-T-U-P-I-D-E-S-T books I have ever come across. I am not exaggerating either. And, Jackson chooses them every night. I need to hide the d**n things. This is how the book goes:

A magic pumkin
(open flap) Boo a magic pumpkin
Tinky wants to know what it is
(open flap) Boo a magic hat (pumpkin now looks somewhat like a hat)
Dispy wants to know what it is
(open flap) Boo A magic ball (now it looks like a ball)
LaLa want to know what it is
(open flap) Boo A magic bag
Po want to know what it is
(open flap) Boo A magic scooter (the pumpkin now resembles a scooter???!!!)
(open flap on last page) Boo, the pumpkin is gone.

WHAT?

3 comments:

jen said...

Are Teletubbies not on PBS anymore? I hope not!!! That show was horrible. Brianne liked it when she was really little. I refused to let her watch it. I wonder why kids like that show anyway.

Sarah said...

So you don't like those books I gave Jackson? How rude . . .

Who doesn't love (sing along now):
"Tinky Winky . . . Dipsy . . . Lala . . . Po. Teletubbies, tellebubies, saaaaaayyyyyy . . . Eh Oh!)

That show came out when Madelin was 1 and I wouldn't let her watch it because those d@mn stuffed freak-oids spoke such broken baby talk that even Maddie could speak better than them. Eh oH? How about "hello" instead?

Bethany said...

Seriously. I think whoever thought of this show was on acid or something. I won't let Kelly even look at the crap in the store because I have some deep fear that she'll end up in a psyche ward. I guess the bonus of not being a stay-at-home mom right now is that Kelly never watches TV, so I don't have to worry about it!