Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's Wednesday!

Nothing too exciting here. We are half way through the week already. They seem to pass so quickly. The days are cooling off and I can totally feel Autumn in the air. I want to go find some cute fall decorations. Whether that comes to fruition, we will see. Decor shopping with J = chaos. Douglas has a planning and zoning meeting tonight and so I am pretty much a single mom today. I don't like that!

I sat straight up in my bed this morning when I finally comprehended that J had woken up, come out of his room and never appeared in mine. I can see Paige's door from my bed and just as I thought, it was open and the light was on. I went in to find J in her crib giving her loves. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. She is usually not up until 7:30am which buys me some time to get J settled or at least wake up and do the necessary things-brush teeth, go to the bathroom, brush my hair (only because I am losing so much thanks to post baby). So, my morning didn't start out as I had hoped. I am trying to will myself to be in a good mood anyway. My personality is such that I am fine and happy when I have time to wake on my own, but quite crabby when I am woken up--the very reason I avoid the alarm clock if at all possible.

My mom is off. It was hard to say goodbye and now it is on to normal life. I will have to fill the void where she used to fit in, but hopefully things will fall in place quickly.

Paige's ear piercing was without a hitch. Of course she wasn't too happy when it happened, but she settled down quickly. Her real glass earring are beautiful though. Actually, they are super sharp. I am trying to figure out what I can put on the back of them so that they won't poke her or me. And, as soon as I can take them out I am going to find something a little nicer and switch them out. She looks really cute!

Well, that is life in a nutshell. I am off to straighten my house. I am making a concerted effort to spend 20 minutes every morning and night organizing--my nemesis. We will see if I can even begin to control the beast.

1 comment:

annebabe said...

bright idea about the 20 minutes in the morning and afternoon, seems more achievable! good luck, be the guinea pig and pass along the great ideas to me!!!