Monday, September 24, 2007

rollin' rollin' rollin'

So, Paigie rolled over for the first time today. Tummy to back only, but she was working hard on the other as well. I guess that means no leaving her unattended on the changing table while I go and save my house from the Tazmanian Devil. It makes me so sad to see them grow, yet it is so rewarding to watch them progress. She is such a sweet little thing. I do have to say though, that she is pulling a nastly little stunt and waking in the night again. She has been going 12 hours for a few weeks now and so it isn't going over too well with her mama. Tonight I am going to let her cry for a few minutes. I am so quick to run in there and I think she may need just a few minutes to find her thumb. Did I mention she is a thumb sucker. I think it is pretty cute. Of course, she doesn't want the bink much anymore and I know that will be a pain someday.

So, I accidentally erased (beyond repair) our budget on Quicken today. Yeah, 4 years of financial data lost in computer desolation. It was a sad moment. There is silver lining however. Douglas and I are really figuring out how to use Quicken. Did you know you can link all your credit card to your checking account. That will really come in handy. Also, as we get more farmiliar with the features, our weekly reconciliation is less painful. I would be so agitated by the time we were done in the past. The last month we had made some headway in using the program to its fullest potential and I think now it will be even better. Let's hope. But, if you do decide to delete a few accounts, make sure the ones you really want deleted are really the ones highlighted before you type Y-E-S. (Luckily Douglas didn't hate me forever for this either. I think he was kind of happy to have a clean start too.)

It is crisp and cool here now. I LOVE IT. I have decided that fall is the best time of the year. I love to look forward to the holidays, the cool weather, a new season of kid's clothes. It is the greatest. Of course, it is a BUSY time for me too. Good and bad. I love to be busy, but sometimes it can be overwhelming. I just need to sleep enough--that is key for me.

Jackson is going to be an Indian for Halloween. He will be a cutie. Now, I just need to get the pattern cut out and get going. That is the hardest part of any project. The pattern I got has sizes toddler through adult on the same piece. WHAT?!? Do they really think I am that good at following patterns? I am typically not a clothing sewer. This will be a new challenge for me.

Well, off to bed for me. Yeah! It is before 10pm. Let's hope the baby sleeps and Jackson doesn't get up before 7am.

Check out Anne and my new blog. Please tell me if you want to add to it too. We would love contributors~!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Bed before 10pm-- nice work. I was up until 12 because Janie developed a insta-diapa-rash that caused her to scream in mortal pain every 3 hours. Uggh.. Too bad about the financial data loss. That would just make me sick; I would be worried about being audited and not having the info. I AM seriously impressed that you reconcile weekly. I won't even tell you how often I do it.

annebabe said...

let me know how the thumb sucking/crying it out last worked. i hope for everyone's sake, she slept better. :)

jen said...

I am so impressed that you are making Jackson's Indian costume. So cute. I wish I could sew. I love that Paige is a thumbsucker. Ashton sucks his thumb quite often too. Love it!

andrea said...

I erase my budget from my brain everyday.

I can't believe your bebe is rolling already! Holy cow...time is flying. I am so jealous of your sewing abilities too...is there anything you can't do???

stace said...

yes. keep my house clean, my hair colored, iron all my clothes, play any sort of organized sport, draw (got my worst grade at BYU in drawing), get my laundry done, get anywhere on time, keep my yard looking decent, decorate a cake, dance and not look like a freak, eat a reasonable number of cookies, cook roasts, keep my house clean (did I say that already?)...the list goes on, I promise.

andrea said...

OK then. I'd like to see you dance :0)

stace said...

you're on. a little hip hop off it is.